Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External SMTP/Hosted Solutions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBrewsky

Vendor
Jan 23, 2006
US
I have submitted an "idea" at ShoreTel to allow for external SMTP configuration that would include a valid user on the customer's mail that will allow the delivery of voice messages to the clients email without the need of an internal mail exchange.

Please vote on it!! With more and more customers opting for external hosted solutions this is imperative to have!

Thanks!

--DB

Hello. I will definitely vote for this. I have two customers that have migrated to hosted email and oddly enough they get the event notification emails, but no voicemails in their email. Server shows the messages are going out, but they never get there. Can you give me some info on the internal mail exchange that you mentioned. I opened a case with Shoretel TAC and they told me the server was working properly.

There is a guide on setting up the server to use Gmail and I've followed it and it works. It may work with other hosted providers as the general idea is to enable TLS and change the outbound port to 587 (or whatever your provider uses). Search for "gmail" on the KB or PM me and I'll send it to you.

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

Thanks. We got it working by changing the from address to use voiceamil@ instead of shoretel@. The provider was rejecting the emails from the shoretel@ address

I found that setting as well under Voicemail. Works well..

--DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back