Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External ringer on IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

foneman1

Technical User
Apr 26, 2008
US
Is it possible to install an external ringer or horn on an IP phone? Thanks.

Sure, it is programmed as AUX Ringer in set programming capabilities for that particular set and terminates on the front of the BCM 400 or 50.
I believe it is labelled AUXR

If that IP set is installed at a remote location and you can't use the aux-r connector, you can use a duet plus(algocommunications) directly connected to the speaker of the IP set(of course void the warranty but do work..!)Make sure to use "set volume" in general settings because the default volume on these sets in not powerful enough for the duet plus to detect it.

I believe you can attach the Algo to the headset port and avoid opening up the IP set.

Adversity is Opportunity

I tried it on a i2002 and it didn't work, could be different on a 11XX set.

I have 2 IP 2002 sets at the main location that needs external ringer and 1 IP 2002 at a remote location. Thanks.

Give it a try on the headset port like Deweyhumbolt said and if its not working connect directly to the speaker.When i tested it the volume on the headset port was too low to be detected by the DuetPlus.

If you connect it to the headset port you may have to set handsfree to off or Stnd. I needed to do this on M series phones to output through the headset jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back