Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Ringer for an Nortel 3902

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogeliovaldez

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2005
US
Hi everybody, had searched for this but can't find anything. Is there an external ringer that I can use on a Notel 3902? We have an special room on our offices, but the person there is always on the outside and sometimes can't hear the phone.

Thanks!

not really, but i have extended to spkr leads to a small amp and external speaker. the best way to go is add an analog ringer as well as a analog port with the same dn.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Like John says, the simplest answer is to program an analog TN with the same DN as the 3902. You can get all kinds of loud bells and devices that work on an analog line.
Nortel makes the MEARI (Meridian External Alerter and Recording Interface) that attaches to M3900 sets and provides contacts for alerting, off-hook status and an audio output for recording.
Check out for some other options.

Great! Thanks for your help! Will do this Analog programing and check the MEARI, I think it will solve our problem.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back