Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Paging on Norstar MICS 12 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

telllman

Vendor
Feb 9, 2010
CA
We have a client and all the speakers in shop are dead-the horns are all good but the page port off the MICS has no audio coming out on it. We are on Black Slate. We rebooted system still the same no audio.

Can we set up paging on a line port ??? Do we need some external device ??

"the page port off the MICS has no audio coming out on it"
Then the page port is blown.
To be sure, did you connect a working butt set to the page port and have somebody page through it or enter digits to get the tones?
Is the Amp cable 100% snug in?
Did you try another 25pr Amp cable?

"Do we need some external device ??"

Depends...
A small site you could loop a couple of self amplified horns.
Any bigger you use an amplifier with amplified horns and speakers.

"Can we set up paging on a line port ???"
Yes you can use a trunk port if you have a spare.
It is limited because you cannot page through phones at the same time or use different zones.
You can however add ceiling speakers in the hallways etc and/or add a zone controller module.

Check to see what type of horn, ie 70 volts and 1 pair or 2 required.
I prefer Bogen myself, one pair for power and audio, no need for a bloody shelf for the amp.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

i WILL RUN THE LINE PORT TO A BOGAN WMTI-MATCHING TRANSFORMER TO GET IT TO 600ohm-then loop to 4 amplified horns -see what happens...

line ports need voltage to modulate the voice for audio.
WMT1A will most likely not work but you can try to take a 24V DC power supply and loop that into series with the speakers and that should work.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back