Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External number acceptance. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoNotice

Technical User
Aug 11, 2015
DE
Hi,

We have a Sopho system connected to our VOIP system. All incoming lines go through the sopho.
We have a block of numbers 9xxx allocated to the VOIP system, and some of this block (94xx, 95xx) has been configured on the sopho to forward to the VOIP system.

What I need to do is to configure a new block (92xx) to do the same but I have no idea how to do this.

I have so far discovered how to display the number analysis scheme (dinasd:0,9), display the number analysis results string (dinars:0,21). From this I have also worked out how to update them for the new block (asintn:0,92,1,21,90).

Now the sopho system correctly internally connects a 92xx number to the matching VOIP phone.

My problem is that when I dial the number externally I get the reception. What do I need to do to get the external numbers working?

hi
you have to analyze the number 92 in the tree of ddi trunk ( normally 30 )
to check correct tree: DIROUT:DDI ROUTE;

Thanks for trying to help and sorry for the slow reply...

I don't understand what I need to check.

DIROUT:DDI ROUTE;
Error 218: Parameter value to long.
DIROUT:30;
Error 8: None existing value of parameter 1.
DIROUT:?
DIROUT:<ROUTE>[,<BSPT>];
DINASD:0,92;
| Analysis tree # : 0 Level : 2 | Table # : 16 |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q

0 255 Non existing number - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1 255 Non existing number - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2 021 Trunk access code - - 090 - 1 - - - - - - - -
3 255 Non existing number - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4 001 No direct result 017 - - - - - - - - - - - -
5 021 Trunk access code - - 090 - 1 - - - - - - - -
6 001 No direct result 018 - - - - - - - - - - - -
7 021 Trunk access code - - 090 - 1 - - - - - - - -

<dinars:0,21;
DESTINATION ID: D=Destination, L=Line, P=Paging route, Q=A-queue, S=Server,
U=Unit
DESTINATION
TREE CODE ANALYSIS RESULT NUMBER ID NUMBER
0 21 Trunk access code 92 D 90

Please could you clarify what I need to do?

Hi
What bftel means is that you have to enter:
asintn:30,92,1,21,90;
hoping that your ddi trunk route has tree 30 defined as incoming analysis tree.

If this doesn't work then you have to find out what is the analysis tree used and replace the 30 in asintn.
dinars:0,21; --> find what destination your outgoing trunk access code (usually 0 or 9) is pointing to
didest:X; --> X is the destination nr, find what route table the destination is using
dirota:Y; --> Y is the route table nr, find what route(s) the route table is using
dirout:Z; --> Z is the route nr, find what incoming analysis tree the route is using

The above might not be enough if you use least cost routing and/or you are connected to more than one provider.
And it will probably not work if you use different trunks for incoming and outgoing traffic, in which case you have to ask your pbx installer to tell you what the ddi trunk route is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back