Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Movie Driver Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMosher

Programmer
May 25, 2001
US
I have an .avi file that I imported into a Movie icon in an Authorware 5 file. When I run the packaged .exe, I get an Authorware error message that tells me A-ware is "unable to load the external movie driver" for my .avi file. I have the Xtras folder and my .avi file stored in the same folder as the .exe file. Does A-ware have any other files (besides the files in the Xtras folder) that I need to locate and place in the same folder as the .exe?

Not all the files in the xtras folder are needed and, I have been told, some may actually prevent certain files from running when mixed with others.It may be best to contact Macromedia themselves for a comprehensive list. Don,t forget to put the correct drivers in the same directory as your .exe file.
Hope this helps
Chris

To Chrisfleet:

Yes, my SearchPath was set up properly. I solved my problem by copying the a5vfw32.xmo file to the same level as the .exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back