Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External MOH on Call Manager without a sound card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpq2

Vendor
Jan 22, 2008
US
Has anyone been able to get external music working on a Call Manager server without an internal sound card?
I am trying to get it to work using a Griffin iMic USB adapter connecting to the CM server's usb port and the other end connecting to a standalone pc's sound card(which is already streaming music from a satellite service).

I have been able to get the Creative USB sound card to work. Not sure the USB card you mentioned is supported.

Here is what is supported for CM 4.

Griffin Technologies iMic USB
Telex P-800 USB

For CM 5 or 6 there is a Cisco Part number: MOH-USB-AUDIO=
Not sure who makes this card.

Thanks, MTASHIRO, I agree the iMic USB is supported but I can't seem to get it to work. Do you have a specific way to configure it in call manager perhaps to get it working?

is the sound card working by itself or is it an issue of CallManager not recognizing the card or not able to stream the audio?

Yes, the sound card playing the music(which is in the other pc)is working correctly.So I know the problem is on the Call Manager side. Just not sure if it's the config in call manager or the actual server itself not recognizing the usb port.By the way, I'm running CM4.3

Try this:

"Configuring the Music On Hold Fixed Audio Source"

On the MOH configuration page, for 'MOH Fixed Audio Source Device' enter the name of the soundcard that you installed. This name must be entered exactly as found in the 'Sounds and Multimedia Properties' window in the control panel. The name is also case sensitive.

Thanks mtashiro! It's working now! Here's what I did.
1) Install the IMIC USB sound card adapter to callmanager.

2) Once the IMIC is detected and installed goto, Control Panel > Sounds and Multimedia > Click on Audio Tab.

3) In Preferred Device under Sound Recording, the IMIC must be selected. Click the volume under it and check the Line In select checkbox.

4) Connect the external audio device to the Line IN jack on the IMIC USB soundcard.

5) Now, goto Callmanager Administration Page > Service > Media Resource > Music On Hold Audio Source.

6) Select the Fixed Audio Source from the MOH Audio Sources in the Left Pane of the webpage.

7) Give this Fixed Audio Source a name in "MOH Fixed Audio Source Name" field.
-Open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Sounds and Multimedia. Click the Audio tab, and note the exact name (case-sensitive) in the Sound Recording Preferred Device setting. Enter this name for the "MOH Fixed Audio Source Device".

9) Click Update.

Checked in the MOH server configuration page that the MOH Server's Fixed Audio Source has the appropriate name (the one you add in step 7). Click > Update > Reset the MOH Server.

Also verify if you have added this new fixed audio source to the appropriate MRGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back