Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

external html source

Status
Not open for further replies.

everytime

Programmer
Feb 21, 2001
GB
I have some html which I would like to appear in many pages so being more maintainable. Anyone know how to do this? I have tried using javascript with document.write but this simply outputs the text straight to the screen and does not (in this case) create a table. Any ideas?
I would like to do this without using frames.
Thanks for any help,

everytime

One way to do what you want to do is to put the tags that you want to appear on there own page, then include them on the pages that you want then to appear on. That way when you edit that one page all the rest will be changed as well. Let me know if you need help with the inclusion.

Roj

You know now that I think about it, you should probable use and Iframe instead. Same principle easier to use.

Gone with the layer option. Thanks for you ideas. Here's the code if anyone is interested:

For IE

<STYLE TYPE=&quot;text/css&quot;>
#textDiv {position:absolute; left:50; top:50; width:300; height;200; clip:rect(0,300,200,0);}
</STYLE>

<DIV ID=&quot;textDiv&quot;>
<IFRAME SRC=&quot;text.html&quot; NAME=&quot;textFrame&quot; SCROLLING=&quot;No&quot; WIDTH=&quot;300&quot; HEIGHT=&quot;200&quot; MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 FRAMEBORDER=&quot;No&quot;></IFRAME>
</DIV>

For Netscape

<LAYER NAME=&quot;textLayer&quot; SRC=&quot;text.html&quot; LEFT=50 TOP=50 WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=200 CLIP=&quot;0,0,300,200&quot;></LAYER>

Why not use SSI? This would be much more compatable than iframes and layers. -gerrygerry
misanthropist01@hotmail.com

ssi is definatly the way to go theEclipse
eclipse_web@hotmail.com
**\\||It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats||//**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back