Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External forward from remote IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

colotom

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2005
US
I've got a user who works from his home office, and uses Comcast digital voice as his provider. There is a DID pointing to his extension (207) at our main office (IP406), which I forward to his extension (107) at the remote office (IP Small office). I have unconditional forwarding turned on at this extension, to forward all calls to his home office phone. Here's a simple diagram of the route:

DID (Area code xxx) -->
Main Office (also in Area code xxx)Ext 207 -->
Remote office (Area code yyy) Ext 107 -->
Home office (Also in area code yyy)

It was working such that if someone would dial 107 from the main office, IPO would dial the home office number. All was fine except for the fact that dialing out of the main office incurs a long-distance charge.

Something changed however, so now it tries to connect to ext 107 at the remote office (watching Call Status), but then the line stays silent, and eventually disconnects after 40 sec or so. This user says the phone rings, but the line is silent after he picks up.

I would like to get it working so that calls get forwarded to his home office from our remote office IPO. The front of my head is flat from banging it on the wall over this one. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

Tom

Quite correctly you say that something has changed. That's the $64000 question. What was it? Did you upgrade it? Reconfigure something?

What version of system software are you using? What models of systems are at each site?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back