Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External FNA from PBX to PBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm5644

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Have tried to have calls external FNA to another PBX and then external FNA to another PBX. Usually just works one step. Is the below call scenario possible?

call comes into PBX A
set FNA's to PBX B
set FNA's to PBX C
set FNA's back to PBX A
call terminates to MMailbox

Yes, I realize the call will ring 4 times at each TN, but that is how this customer wants it. Have checked
FTR_Data for CFF and tried
NET_Data for TRNX=yes
NET_Data for EXTT=yes
RDR_Data for CFF

Right now the call makes it to PBX B TN-rings 4 times and then you can tell the machine looks at the TN fna assignment but the call just continues to ring at the PBX B set.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

you might have a problem because you are sending a call back to the same route it came from, that is blocked because of the problem of a hunt being busy on both ends, the next call would tie up 31 trunks before you got a busy. in the old rls 4 days you could test all 24 trunks in a group by setting that up.. just as your case, hunt would hunt to b (b is busy) call hunts to a, a is busy etc.. if you have a more then one route between the two switches try that, sfa didn't work for me, but i made set b hunt to 9 434 xxxx, that sent it out to the pstn and back in

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In case anyone ever needs to FNA a set from PBX/site to site, I have decided to stick with the Feature Guide-Operating Parameter reference that specifically states that Foward No Answer only goes one step. The next sentence in the book points you to the section on SFA which does not seem like it would apply since the call has already made it out of the switch and I doubt that the sending and receiving PBX's will use the SFA parameter across PBX's and trunks.
However, we did find that the switch will pass the call in a HUNT busy condition to as many PBX's as you would want. To allow for this we just reprogrammed the phones to hunt with a MSB key and the user has to flip the switch to get the calls to hunt to the next site. This is better anyway because it forces the user to be responsible for the calls and also sends the call immediately to the next destination instead of waiting for the FNA feature. Probably what the engineers had in mind to begin with!
Thanks for everyone's input and enjoy life!
cm5644

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back