Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External E-mail Addresses Cannot Open Attachments or Virus Scan Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

deintinis

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2001
US
We are running Win2k server with MS Exchange 2000. SOme of our contacts in which we send mail to report trouble opening attached documents or have the attachments stripped by the virus scanner. Many times, they say they are corrupt. We have also been receiving messages that say that our attachments were stripped because the recipients scan engine failed. I am running Symantec Corporate Edition. All my virus defs are up to date and I do not seem to see any viruses. We also recieved the following messages from one of our clients regarding an e-mail we sent.

WARNING!!! (from tcd5074.vtcdb.xxx.com)

The following message attachments were flagged by the antivirus scanner:

Attachment [2.2] VIS Move Logistics Plan 040820 R2.xls, scan failed: Scan
engine error. Action taken: incomplete scan

Any idea on what would be causing our attachments to prompt this security error at another organization?

I also tried sending .zip file and recieved the follwoing response:

WARNING!!! (from tcd5074.vtcdb.visteon.com)

The following message attachments were flagged by the antivirus scanner:

Attachment [2.2] MG15 Relo DB 041112.zip, scan failed: Could not unpack multi-part archive. Action taken: incomplete scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back