Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External DID Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdolhon

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2002
US
I am trying to figure out how to forward any calls to an incoming DID to an external phone number. Basically we have half of our building about to move to another location and we need to temporarily forward any calls to their old extensions to the receptionist (go to only one number for all the DIDs) at the new building.

Doing this with the actual phone stations is not an option because once they leave, those will be gone. So I need some way of doing this in the system itself. I have a Merdian 1 Option 11C.

Any help would be appreciated.

Build one acd with one memeber and ncfw to the new recpt. number. Then go to each DID extensions and change the FDN hunt to the acd number you just built. Every call would go to the same acd number and go out to the new number. This of course depends on traffic and how many phones need to be forward. You will be using up outgoing trunks. You probably already have these users change thier voicemail message to give out the new number?

If you out the phone then the DID should default to reception.

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

if it goes to the att after you out it, she must be awful busy with wronge numbers, we normally have vacant number intercept to a ran..that is controlled by the rdr feature.. fastest way is ld 49, new idc.. 1st entry is the digits you receive from the office the 2nd entry is the number you want it to go to. (atdn) then go to the route and answer idc=yes the next entry is for the day idc table number and the next one is for the night idc.. that takes effect when the console goes into nite mode..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i think the DIDs will revert to the receptionist in the OLD bullding. Mdolhon wants these DIDs to go to NEW building receptionist, correct? To add to Mexitele's suggestion, you may also want to change the ring cycle options so that the callers don't have to listen to so many rings before forwarding. If you have configured your RCO options in your CDB see if one of them is set to 1. Then after one ring caller will forward (instead of standard 3 or 4).

if you out a phone rco has no effect. if you want a phone to forward without delay configure rcfw and leave it in the software.. then it will go before the 1st ring.. i have 10000 did numbers with almost 2000 vacant, those don't go to my att, they would choke me.... you can turn on vacant number routing to a remote switch but you'll run out of trunks very fast.. idc is very simple, look up load 49

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you're right. mdolhon did say the phones were physically being removed. Sorry, mdolhon. LD 49 sounds like a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back