Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External CSU on Partner T1 3160 Paradyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

billnow1

Programmer
Mar 24, 2007
US
T1 on Partner CSU settings I 'm trying to test a 3160 Paradyne CSU that I have setup for port 9-15 as voice and 19-24 as Data I have a loop back jack on the network side and on my display on the network side is a green LED ON the DTE side is yellow OOF & TXD also ALRM & RXD there is a DSX 1 15 pin Jack on the back that I have put a 15 pin to RJ 45 cable on with a loopback jack. I am get the yellow LED and don't know if I really have a connection through the CSU or not. Does anyone know how I can check my setup. This CSU will be use on a Partner System that is sharing Voice & Data on the T1

If you connect everything up as it will be once the service has been activated, the service provider should be able to look at the circuit and tell you if proper framing & coding is present or if they see carrier alarms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back