Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External connector license installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooch

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
CA

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased some Windows Server External Connector licenses for my Windows Server 2008 Datacenter machines. My question is, what do I do with them now that they've been purchased? How do I install an External Connector license? I've found resources online for installing External Connector licenses on terminal services servers, but these servers do not run TS. I called M$ but of course they wanted me to pay a support fee before they'd tell me what to do.

A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

After some more searching around it looks like I don't actually assign or install these licenses at all, I just keep them around in case of an audit. Can someone confirm?

Thanks.

its just a paper exercise you dont do anything with it.

Its just proof you have purchased it

The only MS CALs that I have seen that HAVE to be installed are the Terminal Server/RDS licenses. All other CALs are basically tracked on paper.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back