Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External calls to users on embedded voicemail. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrtech

Technical User
May 17, 2005
CA
External calls to users mailbox, get message they cant connect. Mitel 3300 embedded vmail rls 3. This is intermittent issue for all users. Internal calls always seem to work. E2T card has been replaced and all ports tested ok. Thanks

Release 3? No such thing.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

So internal calls can reach the voicemail without issue but external calls get a message from the Central office that they can't connect. What kind of trunks do you have copper or PRI? I am thinking a telco issue.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Hi thanks for your help.

I talked to the contact and she said the message the external callers get is, This is not a valid extension? I tried calling into the DID from cell and land line 30 times and all calls hit voicemail. Could it be the DID is not being presented properly? I have asked the contact to note some of the callers cell/land line numbers to see if its just certain numbers calling having the issue.

I wonder if they are getting connected and then hitting 0 for the operator and that is not set...

Think you are on the right track with trying to determine where the calls are coming from. Is the embedded vm capturing the CLI? I have seen some other posts that setting the voicemail to capture CLI can cause issues.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I once had an issue at release 4 where the integration failed when called from specific outside numbers but not others.

Upgrade fixed it.

What actual release are you running?

It sounds like perhaps certain people are having some sort of additional digits going through to the vmail system. Have you checked your SMDR records and see what digits are being presented to the system?

Greetings Gents,

I work with Gordmon and I would like to add a bit of information.

The site is running Release 9.0.3.29... it's a Mitel 3300 LX system, using the embedded voicemail.
This site has 20 ports, all which work - there are no dead ports, Gordmon had the customer check by calling each port individually.
Customer has a PRI.

According to the customer: a caller will call a DID, the caller hears ringing then gets transferred to the mailbox, caller hears the greeting of the correct mailbox, then a message saying that the mailbox is invalid...

Gordmon cannot duplicate nor have I been able to duplicate the issue.
The system has been rebooted since the issue was first noticed. They are on a monthly scheduled reboot.

Customer said the issue returned and she was emailed stating that the caller couldn't leave a message. That was around 12:30pm that day - after checking the All Logs, there is nothing in the logs... No indication of any issue around that time, so there is no record of issue.

Any thought?
Thank you.

Hey Ynotphone, Say hi to Gord for me, I didn't know his handle before now.

You might want to look into the VM log for the call data. File = diag.dat and is a plain text file.

You can find it using filezilla

Hey KWB going to show my age now, the first release of 3300 I worked on was 3.1 and the voicemail (embedded) didnt work lol.
this was time we had got the 3300 hardware after the Ipera.

Well, Although the voicemail did exist on systems that old, it was not the Express. The prompts we're completely different back then. The Express version did not get added until the first go round on rel 4 circa 2004ish (I think). My first version was 2.0 is 2002, it's been a long haul.

I didn't join in till release 5.1 as we were doing the 3100 before then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back