Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Calls Ring Same as Internal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2006
US
Why do External and Internal calls have the same ring. I set the setting differently and yet it has no affect. I have my lines ringing to a hunt group and when someone calls from the outside it rings the same as if it were an internal call. I think it's a hunt group bug, is there a workaround? I just want multiple extensions to ring when a line rings. thanx

forgot to mention, using a NBX 100 with 3102 business phones and analog POTS lines.

Software update
They fixed then it came back then they fixed it again.

Try 3Com Knowledgebase

Solution ID:

Thanx. If I understand them correctly, they only have a fix for ISDN/T1 lines but not POTS?

Hello Everyone. Years ago I worked for a company that had an old ATT phone system. I don't remember what system it was. The system had a nice feature that you could use the feature button and a number combination to have the MOH play through the speaker on the desk set. If you got a call, it would continue through and interrupt the music. Does anyone know if the NBX V3000 has this capability? The only way I can get it to work is if a co-worker places me on hold. That obviously isn't a solution.

Thanks for your help.

CCSDJim - No it doesnt although people have requested this feature for some time. the only way to get MOH on a speaker is to call someone and have them put you on hold

I agree my users also asked for MOH at their desk. I cannot understand why 3com doesn't implement this since they already broadcast the MOH packets to the LAN. What possible purpose would their be to send MOH to the LAN other than to play it at the phone. I mean they are jamming up the network with MOH for no reason, callers can be patched into it at the NBX without it hitting the LAN. What I did was to filter the MOH MAC address in the switch and then the lights settled down from thier christmas tree look that the NBX is infamous for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back