Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External caller wants to page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pscad

MIS
Sep 11, 2001
US
I have a VP that wants to be able to call in from home and page someone in the plant to call him back...can this be done? I understand that using CCR 2.0 will allow you to Park and Page, but what gets "paged"? Can the caller say something over the paging system?

TIA.

Quick answer is no, park and page is designed to pre record announcments and though routing they will be parked and the page will say announcment and where call is parked. However if you have Disa you can set that up and give remote access and a cos and that person can call in and page and say anything they wish.

Paging is possible with DISA, you will need to have a services cartridge on your system then you can assign one trunk to be answered by a DISA dial tone then the caller puts in a passwerd followed by the feature access code to remote page then make the page. not an easy way to do that.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Mind like a Steel trap - Once used forever clamped shut.

Park and Page can do what you need, sort of.
I made a CCR sub tree for back door paging here at my office. You choose the main CCR # and it goes to the paging sub menu. This says for Rob press 1 for Jim press 2, etc. Each choice has a recording of their name. When you choose 1 (for example) it will park the caller. Then a page massage comes over all paging sets and speakers saying "Rob you've got a call on" in my voice, then the system adds in canned lady voice "101" or whatever the park code is.

Pretty cool feature. I set this up for the President of our company. He uses it from time to time to see if someone is really hear after hours or not. Came in handy a few times when I was out in the warehouse and the phone was on night.

I have a car dealership that has their yard monitored by internet cameras after hours. If the security company sees someone in the lot, they can dial the main number, dial a local out of the AA which is an ATA externally forwarded using the paging trunk port and dials the all-page access digits for the ZPM. They can then announce a warning to the trespassers

Thanks all. Your suggestions give me some things to try.

Happy New Year.

An E&M Card will work in place of a combination services card for DISA and a Bogen TAMB attached to an ATA will also work the way Sprucegrover describes.

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back