Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Caller Straight to Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

seravenes

Technical User
Feb 13, 2008
US
I hope this is an easy one and I am just missing something. I have a user that is able to get internal calls just fine but whenever anyone from the outside calls in via the auto attendant, it states that he not available and goes straight to voice mail. I have checked the forwarding and there is none present that I can tell. I have also reset the phone and turned the forwarding on and off again with no luck. Any suggestions? We are running V.7.0.2.21900-10.

Is the voice mail unity? If so in the unity subscriber configuration make sure that the call is set to be released to the switch and the user extension (under transfer options I believe).
It is probably set to go straight to the users greeting.

Even if it is not unity, the issue is with the voicemail and not the call manager.

in Unity under the user configuration pick call transfer.

under" Transfer incoming calls to a phone?"
make sure it is set to "Yes ring extension for" and not "No send directly to greeting"

Hope this helps.

It is unity and I checked that setting and it is set to ring the extension. I tried to change it to send directly to the greeting and then change it back with no luck.

Update. It was that setting in Unity. I didn't notice that the user had activated the follow me mobile profile. On the follow me it was set to forward straight to vm.

Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back