Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Call transfer through qsig trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomII

Technical User
Jan 28, 2008
GB
We are in the process of moving our Telephone operators (8 sets) from a Nortel 1000m to a different phone system an Avaya 8720. There have been quite a few challanges mostly with whats displayed on the Avaya sets but working through those. The difficulty I'm having is as follows: A caller on the outside dials a DID number of a set on the Nortel ( via ISDN PRI T-1). The Nortel set then attempts to tranfer this call to the operator. They press transfer, then "0", the operator phone on the Avaya answers but when the Nortel presses the transfer button to complete the transfer, it will not connect. Internal calls transfer just fine. I have found that if I change the Cls FTTC to FTTU on the Nortel set the exterenal caller can be tranfered. Also if I change the FTOP to Fres in CDB. This also works. Both of those options open up the system for abuse. A caller could dial an 800 number or any other number of the facility and a user on the Nortel could tranfer them basically anywhere their restrictions would allow. Does anyone have any other ideas that are more secure.

not really much for internal security.. you can allow transfer off net and stop it.. i made out quig an internal route so that i could block transfer to external routes..

best bet is to allow the transfer and flag cdr for abuse on inbound.. that is not as much of a problem as it once was.. with 1000's of carriers and as many dialplans offered.. my home phone is 50 bucks a month with free toll 7/24.. not as much hacking as when ld was 3 bucks a minute

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back