Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External call from CCR only works half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownsville

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2005
US
Hello,
I have an MICS 5.0 WI6.06 with Norstar VM 4.0 on a T1 PRI. I have 2 AA tables, one for the main office, the other for our bookstore. When someone calls the main office and press option 2, I want to transfer them to the bookstore AA. Currently I have option 2 programmed to external transfer to the outside number for the bookstore, but it will only work 50% of the time. Nearly half the time it says, "The person you have called is not available." About 2% of the time, it just disconnects.

Does anyone know why it doesn't work consistently, or is there a better way to transfer a caller from one AA/CCR to the other?

Thanks in advance.

first try to do an internal transfer to the table # "as in the number 2" if that dont work upgrade your nam to 4.1 ..4.0 was buggy thru 4.0.04e

ski season has started

When this happens.. it calls the external number of the bookstore..what sets are assigned to appear and ring on this? Are you sure the cfda is set properly on these extensions?
Is this external xfer grabbing another line on the PBX for outdialing the Bookstore number?

I encountered the exact same problem before. I had the same hardware and software configuration. The problem is definitely the nam 4.0. Upgrade to 4.1 and it should solve your problem.

Thanks. I'll try the upgrade and see if that fixes it.

Is there a better way to do this? The current method ties up 3 lines (the original incoming call, the outgoing transfer, and the incoming call to the bookstore). I have 430-2100 going to AA greeting table 1/CCR 1, and 430-2160 going to AA greeting table 2/CCR 2. Is there a way to transfer a call from table 1 to table 2 internally?

Thanks again.

yes you should be able to transfer to the tacle number ...try to transfer to # 2 or vm transfer to # 2...not pound 2 just the digit 2

ski season has started

Luv2ski, that works only after you answer a call and do a F986 2#. I dont belive a Nam can transfer from CCR1 to table 2 or CCR2 internal. You could with a Callpilot though.

Hey Luv2Ski or BGUN...
I've never messed w/this on the CP too much but I have a customer in the same boat as above.. meaning call comes into line 1 company 1 tree one and would like to transfer to Line 3 Company 2 Tree 2 right now I have transfer node going to external number of line 3. So your saying I can have this function tie up less lines? I have the CP documentation..does it show their or is this info you folks can explain..thanks in advance

Call center application gives you intelligent routing which means any call that is in the que can be routed to any CCR or a table, can even overflow to more routing. Its all in the docs, but the doc's are no replacement for what you can do in the field with a little trial and error. I currently have an application switching trees to tables in call center

Gotcha..
So its when you get the additional call centre app via keycode..otherwise customer is stuck w/above..
They haven't had any issues w/the setup yet..but its always good to know.

The amount of channels set for outbound dialing is probably set too low it is probably set to 1 or 2 channels and if one more simultanious call is attempted the call will fail.

Here is another vote to upgrade the nam, I too had this problem with a 4.04c on a 5.0mics, doing the upgrade to 4.1 cleared the problem.....

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but seeing one tumble down the stairs makes you smile!

Brownsville,

Less lines may be used if 'three way calling - transfer' feature is used. This is a Telco feature which allows the NAM to conduct a 'hookflash' transfer to an external number. The original line clears and the call rings at the target number. Instead of using three lines as in your post above, you would get down to one. Watch out for LD. If your sites are far removed, consider using the VOIP gateway for Norstar.

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back