Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Call Forwarding for M7310

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkaulback

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2010
CA
Hello,

I've inherited a Meridian System (M7208, M7310) and I'm trying to program the multiple lines to forward to an external number after hours. Can anyone help with this? Currently, they used *88 to forward the lines, but the number was pre-programmed and I'd like to change this forwarding number.

Thanks,
Jason

well *88 sounds like a telco forward???
confirm this first. then tell me what exactly you are trying to do.

It could be a telco forward, but I'm new to this and not sure.

Here's what we're trying to do: Previously, they forwarded calls after hours. Using *88 activated this and *89 deactivated the feature. We're trying to change the pre-programmed number that the calls forward to (i.e. 555-555-1212 now, but we want to change to 555-555-1111),

I hope that clarifies.

Jason

I've checked and it doesn't appear to be a telco feature...

*88 activated this and *89 deactivated"

Double check that this is true.....*89 usualy used for other applications. Who is the carrier?

To forward:
Dial the * code then dial the outside phone number

To cancel:
Dial the cancel * code

To program a button to forward on Norstar (if do daily)
Feature * 1
Press spare button
Enter the * code, enter a few pasuses (Feature 78), enter the outside phone number.
i.e *88PPPXXX-XXXX

To program a canel button:
Feature * 1
Press spare button
Enter the * code

To use the buttons press the line you are forwarding or cancelling then press the button.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I did confirm the *88 and *89, those are the codes used. Our carrier is Bell (in Canada). You mention using the "spare" button, which button is this?

FYI, when using the the *88 function, the forwarding number is already programmed and we don't have to input the phone number. I'm trying to change the pre-programmed number.

Bell - Centrex uses *70 and *71
Bell - Local Link amd POTs use *72 and *73

If you insist on other than the above then take it up with Bell.

Spare button is a button you want to program.
Can be one not in use or over ride another feature if want.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Curlycord,

I'll try using *70 and *71 and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the help.

@curlycord,

Can this be done per attendant? Or is this an across the board solution which the same number would be automatically forwarded on everybody's phone?

We have only two attendants who wish to forward to an external number when they are not in the office out on sales calls.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back