Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External call forward security

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonenoob

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2006
US
After reading some old posts, I found out how to set CLS CFXA and the CFW key length to 11 to allow someone to forward to an external cellphone while they are gone.

I understand that there are obvious security risks to this like having the person CFW their DN to South America or something equally expensive. What I don't understand is the best way to avoid this. Can I possibly make it so users can only forward to certain outside numbers? What else can I do with this to lock it down a bit?

the nocs on the set control the forward dest is cdb options are cff, if that is cfo, the trunk ncos that the call came in on conrtols the allowed dest.. one way to shorten cfxa is cfw 8, which allows only locals. if use use cfo then check the ncos of your inbound trunks to make sure there ncos is at a level that your comfortable with. i rarely allow cfxa with a fdn that allows ld, and i have zero stations that have a fdn that allows forward to enough digits to dial international.. my inbound have an ncos that allows no outbound so i use the station ncos (cff) to control cfxa

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the nocs on the set controls the forward dest is cdb options are cff, if that is cfo, the trunk ncos that the call came in on conrtols the allowed dest.. one way to shorten cfxa is cfw 8, which allows only locals. if use use cfo then check the ncos of your inbound trunks to make sure there ncos is at a level that your comfortable with. i rarely allow cfxa with a fdn that allows ld, and i have zero stations that have a fdn that allows forward to enough digits to dial international.. my inbound have an ncos that allows no outbound so i use the station ncos (cff) to control cfxa

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm in the Atlanta area, so I can't limit CFW 8; it would have to be 11, as we have 3 area codes that are local (404, 678 and 770). Even if I could limit CFW to only those area codes, that would be better than nothing.

I don't follow exactly how I would affect NCOS on the trunk or the set. I can see the NCOS on the set in mind is 4, but where would I see what the NCOS is on the trunk? What exactly is NCOS (I'm assuming it's Cost)?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm sure they are frusterating :(

network class of service,

ld 21
ltm
return through, you will see all your trunks tn's prt one in ld 20, that will show you your ncos on the trunk.. ld 21 prt cdb, look at the opt (near the top) see if your cff or cfo.. do you have an ncos set up that allows just the atlanta (go braves) npa's.. ?if so use that ncos on your trunks and use cfo in the cdb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Create a Phantom TN or ACD queue to the tele number desired by the user, set CFW 4, tell them to forward to that 4 digit number.

TEKIMG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back