Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extensions for Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

trobler5757

Instructor
Oct 30, 2009
US
I'm am a professor at a small university in southern California and teach a web design class. Extensions appear to becoming more and more popular so I thought it would be good to introduce my students to extensions as part of of the curriculum. However, to be honest I don't have much experience with them as I am a hand coder. I have just spent a good chunk of time researching some of WebAssist's dreamweaver extensions and decided I would look around and ask for some recommendations rather than spending hours looking for something that would be worthwhile for my students. Does anyone have recommendations based on actually having used extensions? If so I would love to hear, thanks!

Stan

Hey Stan,

A friend of mine who teaches part time in NJ actually uses webassist's Ecart as part of her class. As I remember she basically has each of the students design a site throughout the semester and then for their final project they use their cart to add an eCommerce element to the site. I believe it is an intermediate level class because the commerce end of things can be a bit daunting, however she raves about this particular product and uses it for her personal clients - and she's very talented and the sites stores she's created are stellar. I haven't had the opportunity to look into it myself but she nudges me from time to time. Just thought it was funny that you had mentioned webassist products so figured i would throw in my two sense. Hopefully this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back