Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extension rings when a new message is in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrobynfly

Technical User
Dec 20, 2001
CA
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me one of my extensions rings whenever it gets a message. I tried copying from another extension to get the exact same setting but that didn't work. What can I do?

Thanks for any and all help.

Logon to mailbox, press 8 (ADMN), 6 (Msg notify), 1 (Admin setup), at NOTIFY prompt enter ext number. Go back under SELECT and turn on notification.
DueE

I've tried the 8 6 and when I get to 1 it says outdial:1 how would I enter the extension number, I'm still not sure, please advise. And thanks again for the help

Okay, your using a Flash... at OUTDIAL press SETUP or 1, then I/C or 3, then enter the I/C number. When you get to the OUTDIAL prompt and wait 6 seconds, voice prompts are also presented to guide you with the programming.
DueE

Duee,
I think he wants to make it stop not start. Are these digital stations or Analog stations? JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

after re-reading the post I see you are correct. I gave instructions for MAKING the phone ring for new messages. Using the same instructions but taking out the IC# and setting 'notify' to off will stop the ringing. Sorry for the confusion.
DueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back