Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension not valid, and main menu redirect help

Status
Not open for further replies.

taudette

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
CA
Hoping someone has a eureka moment on these two items.

First, for some reason a single extension just stopped working properly. From our main menu, they can enter numbers 1-4 for specific skillsets in the call cnetre, or they can dial a person's extendion directly (tied to the voicemail number and set extension number). Its dialing the extension directly that does not work.

The bizarre thing is that it work internally, he can get to voicemail, and if people dial by last name they get him. But if they dial 223, it says it is invalid. It’s the only extension with an issue that I know of.

Second, we need to change the way the menu works. If someone calls in and dials my extension, but then gets voicemail, I want them to be able to press a number and go back to the main menu so that they can choose another extension.

We do not have an operator, so we need to enable this so those that call in do not have to hang up and call back to try another extension.

Hope this makes sense and that someone can help.

Thanks!

Tammy

You did not mention system types.

If Norstar with Call Pilot (messaging) 100/150 then for X223 do Feature * 0 then press Intercom and see if truly ext 223.
Then try F980 and enter 223 to see if can leave message.

You cannot go back to the main greeting howvere a tech can setup 0 to point to a huntgroup and ring certian phones.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back