Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extension mobility on ip communicator 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesshome

Technical User
Dec 27, 2004
ES
Hello:
Could I use extension mobility on ip communicator 1.1.2?
I am using CCM 3.3.3 sr4
I can use extension mobility with no problem on 7940/7960G, but on ip communicator I can´t use it . The ip communicator show this message in the display:
" Wrong logon
error [6] "
I am sure that I am logging correctly, because in other phones (7940/7960) I use these user and pin and I have no problems, but extension mobility doesn´t work on ip communicator.
Any idea?
Thanks.

You should be able to use IP communicator and extension mobility as i currently log on at home using this. We use CM 4.0

ok. Now I would like to know if it´s posible to use extension mobility on ip communicator for CCM 3.3.3 sr4.
Somebody knows it?

Jonks

can you explain how you configured your ip communicator for extension mobility

Here is a snippet from Cisco support doc.

Running Cisco IP Communicator 1.1(2) on Cisco CallManager 3.3(4) or later allows users to access the Cisco Extension Mobility and WebDialer features.

If you are running 3.3(4) then it should work.

If I am running CCM 3.3.3 do you think it could work?.
If it were posible, do you know what must I do for configure extension mobility on CCM 3.3.3?
thanks.

You configure extension mobility on IP Communicator exactly the same as on a normal 79xx device. Cisco have lots on docs on the net that tell you exactly how this is done.

But are you sure that I can use extension mobility on CCM 3.3.3?
Thanks.

I don't think it's possible. I also have CCM 3.3(3). I just tried it myself. I can log into E.M. fine from both the 7960 and 7970 on my desk, but if I try to do it on CIPC it gives the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back