Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Long Distance Restriction - Not Restricted, but Still Can't Dial Long Distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokermia

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
I've got a Partner ACS R7/regular POTS site with one particular extension that wasn't able to dial out long distance. When I did the #401 on it, it was set to 3 - Local Calls Only. I changed it to 1 - No Restrictions, but it still can't call long distance. When the customer presses intercom and dials a 1 to start the long distance number, it starts dialing right away (I think the customer said it goes to Ext. 15), and if they press intercom and dial 9 first, they get a fast busy. What else should I be checking for this extension?

Whenever you pick up the handset to make outgoing calls, you do not want to press the Intercom button. Whenever they dial the 1 followed by whatever the next digit is, the phone would call another extension on the system and when dialing the 9, you are basically getting an error signal from the phone system since there is no extension number starting with 9. There should be line appearances on the phone for each phone line on the system. Either the phone will be programmed to pick up one of the line automatically when you lift the handset or you will need to select the line if it picks up Intercom dialtone first.

The easiest way to fix this is to copy from another extension that has the lines assigned in the same order as you want this extension to be, and is also able to make outgoing calls. #399-Model Extension-Target Extension.

The only other thing that sometimes get set, that a copy won't fix, is station lock. And you can unlock it from Ext. 10 if they don't realize they locked it and don't know the lock code that was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back