Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension in Ring Group not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

roundaboutrc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2015
US
Hello all, I am hopeful that this is an easy one but I have search this and other forums for a similar issue and have been unsuccessful. I have been beating my head off a wall for several days now.

Config. Mitel 3300, Release Level 6.0 SP2 and Software Load 12.0.2.23

I have a cascading Ring Group(4923) that is setup and working with 3 extensions(1025,1051,1034) that works as it should. We added an additional person in the dept. and I created an extension (1003) for the individual by copying extension 1025. I verified 1003 is in the same CoS and added it into the ring group as the first extension.

When a call rings to the group the second extension will begin to ring, then the third and fourth. Which will overflow to NuPoint as it should. Extension 1003 will show a Missed Call.

make syre your call ringing timer is enough. i.e. if you set the call cascade timer to 10 seconds, which is the timer it rings before hoping on to the next user. Then the call ringing timer is only 30 secs then it wont hop over to the 4th

do a locate feature extension 1003 and see if it has any features active....

Call Ringing Timer is set to 40 and the Cascade is 10 list Members of 4923 are as follows
1 1003 Present (Does Not Ring which is the (Problem)
2 1025 Present (Rings)
3 1051 Present (Rings)
4 1034 Present (Rings)

I have posted the output from locate feature extension with shows no active features. It does show Make Busy??? I can call 1003 directly and it behaves as it should.

IP Device ID: 18
Circuit Location : 1 3 1 18 1
Extension : 1003
Active Features :
Make Busy
Phone Lock: UnLocked
Service Level: Full
MAC Address : 08:00:0F:4F:AE:2C
Zone ID: 1

Primary Element : LEID 3 - Routing Digits : 8103 *
Secondary Element: CEID 4 - Routing Digits : 8104

The Make Busy is why it's not ringing in the ring group. When a set is in Make Busy, you can call the DN directly but it will not ring for any groups it is a member of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back