Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzschooltech

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2009
NZ
Good day

I have a 4620 phone which comes up when it is plugged into power with "Extension Error" or "Extn Error" and then you have to put in its extension number. It is apparently locked down so a reset won't allow the number that is already in it to be programmed (the message * to program doesn't appear and the reset command doesn't do anything)

How do I get it to remember its new extension number in case there is a power failure.

Its probably saying that because the extension in there is not a valid extension. I would do a clear and reset on the phone to wipe it out. (mute#clear,mute#reset) and enter a valid extension.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

here is an FAQ yo help - hehe

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Hi thanks for the help.

I think the phone has been locked down. Somewhere back there I think it was said there was a procedure to unlock the phone and allow the settings to be changed.

I put my #'s in the wrong place. oops. long day.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back