Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension 'DSAVadm' not located

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwtaylor

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
GB
I am new to Exchange 5.5. Whenever I click on a recipient to examine their properties I get the following error message:

"Extension 'DSAVadm' could not be located.
The extension for Microsoft Exchange Administrator's CPU type has not been installed in the site.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator
ID no: c1031667"

I also get options to "abort, retry or ignore". If I ignore I can get into the properties normally - it's just annoying to always get this message.

We are running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on a Windows 2000 Server machine.

Any ideas where/if I can get this extension?

i am getting the same problem. It is because u may have installed some product earlier (like any anti virus or something) which created it's own container in the server.
I installed Network associates anti virus and then did not uninstall it which created this problem.

U'll have to reinstall the same product and then uninstall it properly. It worked for me !!!

It is caused by Network Associates TVD (Groupshield) you must running version 4.x to cause the problem. Provided you are registered with NAI (you need the Grant No) you can download the service packs which will correct the problem.

Anyway this is the solution for this problem

[Extract]
Problem Description:
Error: "Extension dsavuadm.dll could not be loaded"

Error when trying to open a mailbox.

Problem Environment:
GroupShield Exchange 4.50 SP1

Microsoft Server NT 4.x
Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP3
Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Post SP3 Hot Fix
Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4

Solution:
Open Exchange in RAW mode.
Highlight 'Recipients'.
Click file|RAW Properties
In the 'RAW Properties' window, under 'List Attributes of Type' change it to all.
Select 'Extension-Name-Inherited'
Select DSAVUADM.DLL from the list of attribute values and click remove.
Apply the changes

[End of Extract]

Be careful using Exchange Admin in RAW mode (admin /r) you can cause big problems if you change the wrong thing.

Hope this helps

Chris.

Thanks Chris,

How do you run Exchange in RAW mode?

Do you have to shut down Exchange before running this command, or can you just run it?

Just close the administrator program, If you have the admin installed on any workstations make sure it closed there as well. You can of course run the RAW admin from the W\S as well so you don't have to leave your desk.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back