Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Covering to 2nd Extension's VM Box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker001

Technical User
Oct 17, 2006
US
I have an extension (x1234) that was setup by our vendor, months back, to ring to a different extension (x1235)and leave voicemails in the vm box of x1235. This was due to a leave of absence. The employee has come back. I couldn't figure out initially how to undo what the vendor did (company didn't want to spend $$$ to call them), so I removed the extension and readded it and calls are now ringing to his extension. But if he does not answer his phone, the calls still cover to the second extension's vm box, i.e. x1235. I checked his coverage path - it is just a traditional h99 path, no other extensions listed. His call forward does not have x1235 programmed, it is actually blank. His station settings look identical to others whose extensions are working fine. His audix setup looks like anybody else's as well. Where else could I look to figure out what is forcing his extension to cover to x1235?

It is probably staring right at me but for the life of me, I can't figure this one out!

Thank you in advance.

Check in Audix on the Change Sub 1235, see if it has a second extension setup 1234.

Also do a change auto-attend-routing routing-table and see if it was done there.

if that doesn't work check change "inc-call-handling-trmt"
But this in only if the phone will not ring from an external call.

David - that was it, it was an Auto Attendance Routing Table. I have never set up one of those myself, thus I was not even aware of its existence!

Thank you so very much for your help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back