Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension coverage for R3 w/ vs R5 voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

planet910

Technical User
Jan 22, 2007
US
Have a retail customer who wants the auto attendant to answer the call and when prompted, route the call to a specific extension (ie..bakery). If that extension is not answered then forward the call to all other extensions in attempts to not lose the call.

I can handle the routing to the specific extension, but how can I setup a group call coverage for that extension.

thanks
mike

The best you can do, if the transferred extension does not have voice mail, is have the call return to one specific extension, usually 10. However, you could change the transfer return extension to a port that drives a loud bell or ringing over paging, and add a pickup button to the other extensions.

You could also make the bakery the first ext in a hunt group and have the aa transfer to the hunt group (e.g. 771).
This, of course, will ring each extension individually rather than as a group.

The only problem I see with Partner's hunt groups, is that they are Circular hunting. So, the first call to the group goes to the lowest extension number, rings, advances to the next highest, rings, etc.

Then the NEXT call starts at the extension AFTER the one that answered the last hunt group call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back