Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extension and cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonythetech

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
Can the legend ring an extension and a cell phone simultaniously?

In short, Legend can not...
...however simultaneous ringing is a new feature available first in Merlin Magix R 2.2 and the newer 3.0.

If you have a CKE4 or CKE5 processor and are not using a ton of legacy equipment, I would encourage investigating the upgrade. In addition to simultaneous ring, magix 3.0 also provides numerous other friendly and useful features including auto daylight savings time adjustment, hot dial, as well as compatability with the new TDL phones.

The only caveat is that the only acceptable lines for outcalling for this feature are PRI or TIE trunks.

While I can appreciate that call setup time would make use of ls/gs lines impractical, forsight on Avaya's behalf to include BRI line pools would have been most beneficial in a couple of our applications. Maybe release 3.X will address this.

Thanks for the reply. We do have the cke4, so maybe will have to look into the upgrade.

Some upgrade notes:

No ATL circuit cards are compatible. MLX equipment is and on the refurb market is cheap and reliable.

Voice Mail: Magix supports a wide variety of external systems as well as merlin messaging internal units. My understanding is that MLM for legend is not.

WINSPM: While Magix 2.0, 2.2, 3.0 documentation clearly spells out compatible cards, I have run into the following issues with WINSPM.

Winspm 7 with Magix R2 considered the 408 gs/ls-mlx (non-caller i.d.) card as an unrecognized or ATL circuit pack. Worked fine with an 800 gs/ls card.

Winspm 8 with Magix R3 works fine with the same 408 gs/ls-mlx (non-caller i.d.) card but doesn't like the 800 gs/ls card.

These compatability problems restrict WINSPM access to the standard SPM mode, but do not hinder operation otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back