Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extending graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sss123

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US

I am so frustrated...can someone please help me??? For some reason, I cannot get the 'divider lines' to extend themselves to the bottom of this page. I have tried table backgrounds with the table set to 100% height, I have tried stretching a graphic to 100% height, as well as just putting a straight line in as the graphic. I know that you are not supposed to have tables set to specific heights, so I have tried deleting all heights...what else is there to do? Maybe there is something wrong with my page...

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. Do you have any suggestions for the business text? It's not looking very clean. Thanks.

The problem is GIF image you're using...the entiretable height is set to 2809, but the image VR_tile.gif isn't that long...you may have to create the image again and make it longer, or after the VR_tile.gif ends put it in again...another better way to have the same effect is to add an <iFrame> tag instead of using a table...if you need more help with that just ask...
As for the font I think that Arial, Tahoma, Verdana is professional like...

PS -- the site looks nice... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

I would not use the light blue for the text. It makes my eyes work too hard to read. It is a good color for the lines, highlighting, and headers though. To stay in theme with your logo, I would use the dark blue for your text, especially the navigation. Teal would also be an acceptable color that I would expect to see on a wedding site.

Thanks for the advice. I agree about the color, however black is really abrupt...I will look into another color. As for the line image, I am not sure that I understand? I had wanted to just tile it as a table background...but it just won't extend no matter what. Nor will a graphic extend to 100%. I know that it SHOULD work, because I have done it before. Can you tell me a bit more about the <IFRAME> tag? Thanks for the help...
Happy New Year.

Hiya...ok this is an example of an <iFrame>:

<iframe src=&quot;MainPage.html&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; width=&quot;100%&quot; name=&quot;right&quot; bottomscroll=&quot;no&quot; frameborder=&quot;0&quot; bgcolor=&quot;&quot;>
</iframe>

Now the height and width refer to the height and width of the iframe itself...the way an iFrame works is simple, whateva page that the src points will load in the iFrame...ok?? As for the name=&quot;right&quot; means that if you want other HTML pages to load in the iFrame, you just point the target to &quot;right&quot;...get it??
Now for the bad news, iFrames work great in IE and NS6, but NS4 will be not good... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Is this graphic just for this page or to be used elsewhere also? If it is just for this page, make the image file as long as the table as suggested earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back