Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extended Auto Warranty Crash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdculp

Technical User
Nov 14, 2006
US
I use Eudora 5.2.1.

Recently I received two, apparently identical, e-mails from "Extended Auto Warranty" with the subject "Your free online warranty quote". If I try to put them in the trash or open them, Eudora will close. Somehow I was successful in eliminating one (don't remember how), but the other persists. All the other Eudora e-mails behave correctly.

I have run McAfee, Spybot and AdAware (all up to date) but none shows anything.

What has happened and how do I get rid of the offending mail?

Stuart Culp

This is mail,right?.., and not something from the sponsored version?

I have found it advisable to cruise mail in webmail mode every so often before downloading it for a couple of reasons. For one it keeps bloat out of the mail box, embedded files, etc)
For another you can with most programs mark the things you don't want as junk and delete them prior to reading.

Try this just for fun: Go to your Eudora folder and find the Embedded folder. Open it and delete the contents. This will remove any images, etc which were sent in line but no attachments.

Then set your filters to delete messages of that nature. (send to trash, not junk).

Thanks for the tips.

I deleted the in.mbx and in.toc files, restarted, and it solved the problem. Nasty e-mail. Never saw one like it before.

Stu Culp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back