Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extend DS 30 module to remote location 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

comfortinntechci.com

Systems Engineer
Mar 24, 2024
US
I have a 9.1 that is working just fine. The customer wants to add a building next door. The other phone room is about 200 feet away.

Is it possible to boost a DS cable signal from the control unit via a Cat 6 cable?

They do not want to have to go through an upgrade just to get an SCN so they can add these 30 DS handsets.

I have looked at signal extenders, POE etc but just wondered if anyone has been able to extend or boost the signal farther than short blue cable on the back of the CSU.

In the past I have used a variety of fiber and analog and network extenders with sucess.

It is specifically NOT supported by Avaya. You are required to use the cables that come with the DS30.

You could run enough copper between the buildings, 25 pair cable and 2 cat 5+ cables. When doing extensions outside the building they are required to be grounded properly.

You are going to pay for something, now you just have to decide what.

Remember that although it has an RJ45 port the interface isn't ethernet.

I agree with @Richard10d, don't waste your time with something that probably won't work anyway. Just run a 25 pair along with two 4 pair cables as that is guaranteed to work with no issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back