Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extend dial-tone duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitj11

Systems Engineer
Nov 29, 2021
US
Running Aura System Platform v6.3, and I'm hoping to extend the duration of dial-tone that the user receives upon offhook.

Reorder tone hits after 10seconds of dial-tone, but I have a specific trunk that interfaces with a VHF system and 10seconds is likely not long enough for users to know that they're receiving dial-tone and get their digits dialed. I've been scouring trunk group settings and I can't find what I'm looking for. Which setting changes dial-tone duration on a trunk group, if any? Thank you.

The setting you're looking for is within System-parameters features. On my CM 8.1 the setting for Off-hook alert is on page 4. This is a system wide setting, though.

Hmm I do see it there, but it's currently set for 60 and I can clearly demonstrate that reorder tone hits after 10 seconds and itself lasts for another 30 seconds before releasing the trunk. These times just don't seem to be adding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back