Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extend Announcement Recording Time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisiphone

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
US
This seems like it should be simple (but I can't find the answer!):
Definity G3i V9.5...we are attempting to record an announcement, it is directions to a location and apparently they are "in depth" because we keep running out recording time. How do I increase the recording time of individual announcements? (750c board)
Thanks!!!

Simple answer is you can't increase the recording time. Each board has 4.26 minutes of storage at 32Kbps sampling.

If you reduce the "Rate" to 16 then you will get a longer recording announcement but the quality goes down.

Yes! Thanks! I finally displayed the board settings and I only have 20 seconds of total recording time left- that sure answers my question.
Is the recording time increased on a VAL board (2501ap)?

Everything is increased on the Val boards. In the older 750C boards do not go much more below 20 seconds of available space or you can run into trouble..

Lisa

A Val board can be licensed for either 10 minutes (default) or 1 hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back