Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ext ring on PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ideasworking

Programmer
Dec 2, 2001
CA
Hello,

Is there a way to have an extension, say 225, ring on the PA output? During the off hours we would like to have any calls to this extension broadcast over the PA. If it can't be doe through programming is there another way?

Thanks,
Lou

Well, what does Feature 60 exactly do? Does it dial *60 in DTMF? Or is it a weird voltage sent through the line?

If you find out exactly what happens if you hit a Feature button, you might be able to do so.

Actually, I know a Kohl's with a Norstar system and after-hours, calls will broadcast over their PA and say "Customer Service on Line X" or similar (I know someone who used to work there, and I'd occasionally call them at work and she heard that)

Thanks for the reply... I wish I could answer your question. Unfortunately telecom is not my field of work. I'm just the guy who new enough to be given this task.

This is a standard Norstar phone system. I'm not sure what happens inside the KSU, I don't think it dials anything, maybe it does. What I cen tell you is... when a person chooses to page, a line level signal is sent from the KSU out to the bix where there is a field labeled "PA". From there I connect to the input of the amplifier on the paging system.

Any more thoughts?

You will need to put the ext in a ringing group at night, set Aux. Ringer to Yes, then set in Schedule times, the time you want the ringing group (and therefore the bell) to be activated with incoming calls.
This will ring the auxiliary ringer pair off the system. It rings a bell alerting everyone that there is an incoming call.

If you want calls to physical come over the PA and "tell" the folks on that ext that they have a call. Then perhaps you could program the CallPilot (if you have one) to have a Park and Page node on the night AA/ CCR.

FYI.... the link above will take you to my training page. I provide training for folks such as yourself.

MRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back