Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ext not accessible from Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

teerex

Technical User
Aug 28, 2002
US
I am a novice phone admin running a Vodavi Starplus SPD 1428/2856 switch with Dispatch Voice Mail. At night we forward calls directly to the Dispatch Voice mail system. This worked until this week. Now, when my callers enter an extension number, they get bounced back to the "Thanks for calling, enter the desired extension" menu. All extensions are affected. What could be wrong?

Did you change an key option in the main menu? An option (usually 7) must be set to mailbox, for a station to log in.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked first thing this morning and both the # key and 7 are set to 'Mailbox'. Any call answered by the HUMAN attendant be transferred to any mailbox. Only auto-attendant answered calls will not allow the caller to enter an extension # and reach that extension or mailbox. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated and followed-up immediately.

I misread your first post. Option 1(or whatever your leading digit for stations is) of the menu playing must say 'extension start'. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. You were right. Changing the option to 'Extension start' fixed the problem. I appreciate you sharing your knowledege to help me through this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back