Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXT LOOK UP ORDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

keefbeef

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2009
GB
I'm wondering how the pbx determines where it should send a call to. Specifically I am thinking about CDP and NRS. Is this a bit like DNS looking up a server where it will look at the local host file, and then the DNS server, etc.

I want to know is it necessary to have a DSC for an extension on a remote switch if the extension is on NRS. Or do you have to have both. I have got it working, but don't know if it was the right approach.

1. Out extension in local pbx if present.
2. Create entry in NRS routing to point to other PBX.
3. Create new extension on remote PBX

Any help would be much appreciated.

The PBX examines the digits dialed, or digits received until there is a match in it's internal database.

If the matched digits form the DN appearance the call is routed to the key(s) with that DN.

If the matched digits are a CDP DN, then the call is routed according to the RLI defined for that CDP.

You can also enable Vacant Number Routing, and send any unrecognized digits to the NRS for resolution.

So the answer to your question is Maybe. If you are not using Vacant Number Routing, then you must create some type of entry that will recognize digits destined for a remote switch, and send them to the NRS manually.

Thanks for the reply. I believe we are using "Vacant Number Routing" as I was able to add an entry into NRS without any appropriate RLI defined for CDP.

Is there anywhere you can look to see if Vacant Number Routing is in use?

Go into LD 21

>LD 21
REQ: PRT
TYPE: NET
TYPE NET_DATA
CUST

TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 00
OPT RTD
AC1 INTL NPA SPN NXX LOC
AC2
FNP YES
ISDN YES
VPNI 0
PNI 1
PINX_DN
MBG 0
BSGC 65535
PFX1
PFX2
HLOC 724
LSC 724
RCNT 5
PSTN NO
TNDM 15
PCMC 15
SATD 1
OCLI NO
TIDM NO
DASC
ROPT NRO
DITI YES
TRNX NO
EXTT NO
FTOP FRES
APAD 0 0
VNR NO
NIT 8
NAS_ATCL YES
NAS_ACTV NO
FOPT 14
CNDN
CNAT
CNIP YES
CNTC
NATC
INTC

REQ:

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

We are indeed using VNR, so that would explain why there was no need to use distant steering codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back