Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ext. Answers, Voice MUTED, NO DIAL out possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaptel

MIS
Mar 15, 2010
US
This is an Alitigen 5.1 system with all POTS lines. The main extension will ring but when you pick up the calling party can't hear you (you can hear them). This extension only cannot call anyone. You get a dialtone, but you can't dial out. Altiserv shows the unit off-hook when the receiver is lifted but the DTMF tones are not taken by the system (completely ignored). The extension back end is functional as we can check the voicemail etc. We have confirmed that the extension is not on Do Not Disturb or Out Call blocking. I just can't figure what is going on. It's only this one extension on the dial out and transmit voice side. Any ideas anyone? P.S. We have swapped out the telephone handsets with known good units and that isn't the issue. Same problem regardless of handset.

I was having problems in 6.0 that were similar. I don't remember if there is an option or not, but do you have a check box for "Connect Voice Stream to Server" on your extension configuration?

I think our problem was that when this was unchecked, calls between a remote extension and a local extension would only allow one of the two extensions to actually be able to hear the other.

I don't know that this will help as your issue seems slightly different than ours, but I thought it would be worth at least mentioning.

Can you reassign the phone to another port on the Analog Ext card? Could be a bad analog port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back