Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ext. 6927 - "Service State: disconnected"... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMCGRATH

Technical User
Mar 18, 2004
US
When I dial into the ASA, this is what I am seeing when I stat the extension. The phone set is dead. We recently had the Avaya Gateway box swapped out for a new one and the Avaya tech reattached everything tightly including the 25-pair cables going to the circuit packs. The cross connect to the 110 block pair looks good, too. Any suggestions? All of the other 6408 phone sets are working.

Did you try busu/release the station?

Sometimes, you have to physically unplug the cord from the phone itself, then plug it back in. It may help.

Problem is probably in the wiring. Repunch all cross connects, check the jack, disconnect and reconnect the phone.

X port it, cross connect to a different digital port and try to TTI.

As a quick check, punch a 6408 directly to the frame if possible. If the link from the backplane to the frame is OK your 6408 will be live with date and time and you will be able to make calls. If it is dead on that connection then you know the problem is on the upstream side of the connection. You may need to disconnect the downstream connection prior to running this test and only have your test set in place. Reconnect the original handset downstream once you've done the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back