Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expression contains invalid syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2003
US
I am getting an error when opening a database. It states, "The expression you entered contains invalid syntax. You may have entered a comma without a preceding value or idenifier". The application opens. I enter my user name. No password and hit enter. Then the error appears. I am able to open other databases. This is access 2002. I need help asap.. Please.......

Try importing your objects into a new database and see if that helps. You may bomb out where the problem exists. It could be something in StartUp or in a Query but if you find it, you may be able to fix it.

Paul

1. Are you using the password in an SQL statement?

2. Do you have any idea what might be causing this error?

3. Does the error occur twice (Once when it opens, and once after you enter your Username/Password) or only once (After you enter the username and password)?

4. What is the code for after you type in the username and password (Probably the OnClick event of an OK button)?

-------------------------
Just call me Captain Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back