Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exports

Status
Not open for further replies.

leburg

Programmer
Feb 15, 2006
US
Is it possible...I haven't had the pleasure to work within the Crystal enterprise. I'm thinking it is within this environment, one can schedule reports to run on queue. Like end of month reports or late at night etc. True? Ok, if I am, is it also possible to have a crystal report automatically export say to Excel at the same time?

Your input is welcomed and many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Hi,
Yes with Business Objects Enterprise or Crystal Server that can be done - and much more.
If not familiar with other, less expensive, ways to do that, take a look at some of the 3rd party Crystal viewers, etc listed here:

For details on what Business Objects and Crystal can do, visit SAPs site:

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Mainly wish to automate simple sql queries by converting them to a crystal report, have them execute on a scheduled plan, export to excel and email themselves to a corresponding cs rep...I would need the enterprise server to do so, am I correct in thinking. Is there another way? How much does the crystal enterprise server cost? Can you point me in the right direction...thanks for the link I'll check it out...!

If just that, Enterprise ( Big $$$) ( and maybe even Crystal Server (Fewer $$) ) are probably overkill..
Try the programs shown on that link.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

You mentioned the need to send exports to "corresponding cs rep". This probably means you would benefit from the ability to take a single Crystal report, grouped by CS Rep, and "burst" it so that it exports and emails to each CS Rep just their own info.

One of the 3rd-party Crystal report Desktop Scheduling tools listed at: provides exactly that functionality.

Cheers,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back