Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting video with an alpha channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardMartinIII

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
I have a number of effects that I've purchased that are quicktimes, with alpha channels already built into the video. Explosions, muzzle flashes, and so forth.

This is very handy.

How do I produce similar video clips, with embedded alpha channels? Let's say I've got this really fantastic sequence and I want to export it with an alpha channel. How do I do that?

I'm using AE CS3 all updated.

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Ah, is there a way to tell which codecs will do it and which won't? I'm trying to avoid trying them all. 8)

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Lossless will, as will most of the 10bit and 8bit versions.

Ones that DEFINITELY WON'T are JPEG, H264, SORENSON, the highly compressed codecs.

ANIMATION is by far my favorite codec when embedding an alpha channel. It keeps the alpha clean.

Ko Maruyama
Free Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back