Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Ughh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koolaid99

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
Ok, I'm having a real problems trying to export in Access 2000 to a spreadsheet. I'm trying to automate the process that I have been doing. First to explain the process now.

I have a spreedsheet and one sheet is called "Raw_Data". This sheet in the workbook was created by right clicking a query called "Raw_Data" and chosing export. Now I have multiple files and the data changes in the query. Every month I update the spreadsheets, but everytime I do it I still have to unhide the main window in the database and right click the query to do the export. It will overwrite the data and I'm done.

Now its not so bad except I have a criteria that works of a option button on a form. I would like to have a button that just does the export and does the exact same thing as the right click would.

I have tried the output to macro function except this overwrites everything in the spreadsheets and even deletes other sheets in the workbook. So then I tried the transfer to spreadsheet macro function. This one does leave the other sheets alone but it still has two problems. One being it doesn't prompt what file you would like to overide and two if you export 5 lines first time and 3 the next and try to export 5 only the first 3 show up.

Is there any module code I could use that easily simulates the right click function of export?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back