Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting to word or html

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuglchaim

Programmer
Dec 20, 2002
US
could you export report to word documet without losing objectes like lines, format ets,
same question i whould like to ask about exporting to html file if there is a way, I think that if there is a way to do so it whould be the easyesed way to update news web pages

You could try this code. MS says .snp (snapshot) files can be published to the web as easily as HTML. This is good for static reports only:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "SpecSheet", acFormatSNP

The final part of this argument would be , "c:\my documents\specsheet" or wherever file you want to output the report to. I believe (though I've never done this) you can then point something like MS Front Page to that file. I do know the DoCmd list above will create a .snp picture of your report for you. Good luck.

Snapshot is about the only way to retain the formatting. (Maybe PDF?)

Users need Snapshot viewer installed, free from MS (of course!). I found that it is usually there with typical Office install.

HTH

Falcon

Falcon is correct that Snapshot viewer comes with Office installs 2000 and later. You can get an accurate representation of your report by creating a pdf. Unfortunately, Access does not make this as easy as does Word or Excel. As with those applications, you must have Adobe Acrobat installed (the pay version with the distiller installed). The distiller mimics a printer. Once Acrobat is installed, the distiller should show up as a new printer automatically. You can then direct your Access report to print to the distiller. A "save to" dialog box will come up to allow you to select the file, path and name the report. It will save it as a .pdf. Once you click OK, it will write the .pdf file, open Acrobat and show you your new .pdf version of your Access report. For convenience, and if the business process allows, you can set the properties of the report to only print to the distiller which may save you (the user?) some steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back