Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to text - no pagination 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoffel24

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
ZA
Hi all
We used to use Crystal 6 (which requires that you print the reports onto dinosaur-leather parchment) to export our report to a text file automatically (via another program). Then this exported document is read into another application (app B). Now that we have upgraded to V9, we are finding that the automatically exported file is paginated. App B does not like pagination! If you export to text MANUALLY you get asked about pagination and can turn it off. However, since our program exports the report automatically, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if there is a place to set the default to no pagination. That way I hope to get around this problem.

Thanks a lot

I also have the problem with text vs text with pagination exports, using Crystal 8.5; I have used the RDC and have tried to default the # lines/page to zero, but cannot get it to work. Have you had any luck trying to get text without pagination?

In my scheduler (Visual CUT) a dialog allows the user to specify for each report exported to paginated text what is the number of lines per page. By setting that value to zero (no pagination) you get the effect you are looking for.

I can confirm this works perfectly with the RDC for CR 9. I haven't tested this with the RDC for CR 8.5

hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Stoffel24,

There are two different export formats here: text (export type 8) and paginaged text (export type 10). If you use text, you shouldn't get the pagination.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Stoffel24,

In my previous message, I assumed you were using the ExportOptions object in the RDC. If you are doing the export interactively, my comment won't apply.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back