Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to ps. file has failed numerous times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantguy

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
CA
I have 2 documents one 84 pages and the other 95 pages with tons of images and hyperlinks. Whenever I try to save as a ps file, i recieve a message Post Script output failed. I have re-copied the item from one document to another and it didn't work!

Please help me!!!

you can contact me at either

m_vaninsberghe@hotmail.com
or
vanins@island.net

Thanks
Plantguy (Mike)

Hi,

Postcript failures are very difficult to get by. Sometimes it is the printer driver you use. It may be a broken link, a bad font, whatever.

First of all I would go to the links and see if there are any broken links. If so restore the links.

To get to the best result I would say try writing to .ps different parts of the document. Print the first page to .ps, than the second and so on. I know it is a trial and error version but this is the best way I can help.

If your problem starts At the first pageand continues on every page you try to print to .ps Then I presume it will be a font or a paragraph style problem.

let us know if it helped

grilhouse

Sometimes things are complicated by large files. I know that I've had problems with a 60 page document and I resolved the problem only by breaking the document into two smaller files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back